Looking for some thanksgiving activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and big kids? You’ve come to the right place. This post is filled with Thanksgiving crafts, art projects, and activities for kids of all ages. These turkey-themed projects are perfection!
How can I make Thanksgiving more fun?
I love Pinterest but sometimes, it fails me. I sit down with my three-times reheated coffee, search for an easy activities, but instead, my page loads with about a thousand ideas way over my toddler’s head.
I need easy Thanksgiving activities: nothing fancy, just enough to bring a little turkey-fun into my kids’ life.
RELATED: Don’t miss our favorite Thanksgiving activity, The Thankful Turkey.
The kinds of Thanksgiving activities on this list
I’ve taken matters into my own hands and built the best toddler Thanksgiving resource – filled with easy crafts, simple art activities, games, and fun ideas to play all the way through the very short Thanksgiving season.
No need to struggle through Pinterest and waste an entire nap time: these thanksgiving activities for toddlers and preschoolers are perfect.
RELATED: Looking for some Thanksgiving books for toddlers and preschoolers? Try this list from Happily Ever Elephants!
Let’s be honest about Thanksgiving from a kids perspective: there’s no costumes, candy, outdoor decorations, songs, or presents… It gets a little lost between Halloween and other holidays.
So I like to use activities as a way to “drum up” some Thanksgiving excitement.
Use these activities to entertain kids on Thanksgiving
I’m a little type-A and I love lists, and categories, and organization so I couldn’t even consider making one massive list of activities. No way – that won’t do. My mind can’t handle that kind of mess.
So I’ve divided it into two smaller, easy to digest lists: arts & crafts and games & activities.
The blogs featured in this list are amazing – get ready to click through and meet some Internet gems with fantastic activity ideas. These are the best of the best!
20+ Arts & Crafts Ideas
- Easy Thanksgiving Craft – Busy Toddler
2. Thanksgiving Footprint Turkey with Tissue Paper – Meaningful Mama
3. Turkey Headband Thanksgiving Craft – I Heart Crafty Things
4. Paper Bag Turkey Craft – The Best Ideas for Kids
5. Tie Dye Turkey Craft – Happy Toddler Playtime
6. Paper Plate Turkey Wreath – The Resourceful Mama
7. Easy Painted Cardboard Turkey Craft – Hello, Wonderful
8. Feather Painted Turkey Craft – Crafts on the Sea
- Fork Feather Turkey Art – Happy Toddler Playtime
2. Thanksgiving Crayon Resist Art – Play Teach Repeat
3. Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Kid Craft – The Resourceful Mama
4. Thanksgiving Chair Backer – Toddler Approved
5. Thanksgiving Craft for Toddlers – My Bored Toddler
6. Thanksgiving Photo Placemat – Toddler Approved
7. Turkey Hand Print Craft – The Best Ideas for Kids
8. Gobbling Turkey Thanksgiving Craft – Meaningful Mama
- Fall Hand Print Art – The Best Ideas for Kids
2. Textured Corn Craft for Kids – Toddler Approved
3. Paper Plate Turkey – The Best Ideas for Kids
4. Handprint Turkey – Meaningful Mama
5. Egg Carton Turkey Craft – Red Ted Art
20+ Games & Easy Thanksgiving-themed Activities
- Feed the Turkey – Busy Toddler
2. Thanksgiving Busy Box: Pin the the Tail on the Turkey – Playground Parkbench
3. Felt Turkey Puzzle: Busy Bag Activity – Sunny Day Family
4. Turkey Sticker Sort – Busy Toddler
5. Turkey Feathers Fine Motor Activity – Fun Learning for Kids
6. Turkey Haircut – Busy Toddler
7. Pom Pom Push Turkey – Happy Toddler Playtime
8. Turkey Trot Game – Days with Grey
- Name Activities: Feather Letter Turkey – Growing Book by Book
2. Racing Turkeys Number Line Game – Fun Learning for Kids
3. Fine Motor Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving – Buggy and Buddy
4. Thanksgiving Turkey Cascarones – Play Teach Repeat
5. No Cook Gluten Free Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Clay – Fun at Home with Kids
6. Turkey Fine Motor Activity and Craft – Fantastic Fun and Learning
7. Feed the Turkey Counting Activity – Fun Learning for Kids
8. Corn Shakers Music Activity – Pre-K Pages
- Turkey Baster Relay – The Inspired Treehouse
2. Thanksgiving Turkey Ring Toss – Hands on as We Grow
3. Simple Thanksgiving Sensory Bin – Simple Fun for Kids
4. Thanksgiving Sensory Soup Water Play – Fantastic Fun and Learning
5. Gum Drop Turkey – Toddler Approved
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely not! Thanksgiving activities are 100% optional. They are a fun way to interact with the holiday, but in no way a requirement.
Any! Remember, this stages not ages. Reflect on your child and their stage of life: there are options throughout this list for tabies to big kids.
Totally! Consider setting up a Thanksgiving craft station. It’ll keep the kids busy and engaged – especially if you have an older child who can oversee it. Giving them a job and station to be in charge of improves their Thanksgiving and the kids they help.
Susie Allison, M. Ed
Susie Allison is the creator of Busy Toddler and has more than 2 million followers on Instagram. A former teacher and early childhood education advocate, Susie’s parenting book “Busy Toddler’s Guide to Actual Parenting” is available on Amazon.
Leave a Comment