Looking for easy fall activities for toddlers, but without the stress of Pinterest perfect crafts or a massive budget for supplies? This list is what you’re after: actually doable fall ideas that won’t break the bank but will keep your toddler entertained.
Fun fall activities for toddlers
Who else is ready for crisp weather and pumpkin play? I can’t be the only one raising my hand. Fall is here and this magical season has me so excited for a new round of fall-themed activities.
My fall activities bucket list is practically a mile long.
Fall activities are a great way to introduce kids to a new season, a season of change, and all the fun that comes with it. I’ve rounded up 50+ incredibly awesome fall activities tailor made for our kid crowd.
RELATED: Looking for an actual Fall Bucket List? Check out mine – it’s full of free, fun, and easy ideas.
Use activities to introduce the fall season
Changes in seasons and time of year are abstract concepts for kids to understand.
Now add in that a toddler might not remember last year’s fall season and you’ve got a really great reason to try some fall activities.
Fall activities with my kids was an in-home, work around nap time, budget-friendly way for me to introduce fall and have some concrete fun with it.
They can’t hold fall and touch it.
But they can do a leaf activity and interact with parts of it.
RELATED: Looking to grow your fall book collection? Check out this fall list from Happily Ever Elephants.
The best fall activities for toddlers and preschoolers
In no particular order (except that I put them into nice, neat “I’m type A” categories), here are some of my favorite fall activities for toddlers from around the web!
I’ve divided these 50+ activities into three categories: arts & crafts, sensory-based learning, and simple fun activities.
Get ready to click-thru to some amazing blogs and see some fantastic fall ideas!
24 Fall Art Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Craft – Busy Toddler
- Marble Painting – Play Teach Repeat
- Foil Printed Fall Tree – Play Teach Repeat
- Painting with Nature Process Art – Kids Craft Room
- Rolling Acorn Painting – Crafts on the Sea
- Leaf Art for Toddlers – Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
- Autumn Handprint Tree – Arty Crafty Kids
- Apple Printing – Simple Fun For Kid
- Leaf Art Project for Kids – What Do We Do All Day?
- Leaf Sun Catchers – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Handprint Tree – The Best Ideas for Kids
- Fall Wreath Making Station – Toddler Approved
- Easy Peasy Fall Craft – Toddler Approved
- Nature Paintbrush – Hello, Wonderful
- Simple Fall Tree with Cotton Rounds – Busy Toddler
- Glitter Leaf Ornaments – Happy Hooligans
- Pinecone Apple Craft – Non Toy Gifts
- Leaf Threading – Here Come the Girls
- Invitation to Draw Fall Leaves – Play Teach Repeat
- Puffy Paint Pumpkins – Emma Owl
- Life-size Scarecrow Craft – Keep Toddlers Busy
- Fall Leaf Finger Paint Art – Mini Monets and Mommies
- Painted Leaf Monsters – Messy Little Monster
- Fall Fingerprint Tree – Fun Handprint Art
20 Fall Sensory Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Gak – Busy Toddler
- Fall Leaves Soup – And Next Comes L
- Leaf Sensory Bags – Kids Craft Room
- Autumn Leaves Sensory Bin – Stay at Home Educator
- Pumpkin Bath – Busy Toddler
- Fall Rice Sensory Bin – Simple Fun for Kids
- Indoor Cranberry Bog – Views from a Step Stool
- Fall Sensory Bottles for Exploring Nature – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Invitation to Make a Fall Sensory Bottles – Play Teach Repeat
- Autumn Leaves Play Dough – Here Come the Girls
- Apple Washing – Busy Toddler
- Natural Apple Scented No Cook Play Dough – Natural Beach Living
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Playdough – Homeschool Preschool
- Apple Oobleck Fall Science Experiment – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Fall Sensory Pouring Station – Days with Grey
- Eye Ball Soup – Days with Grey
- Fall Soup Sensory Play – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Simple Fall Themed Sensory Bin – Teach Me Mommy
- Corn Sensory Play – Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Autumn Maths Sensory Bin – Here Come the Girls
- Apple Pie Scented Sensory Cloud Dough – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Fall Scented Play Dough – Fun with Mama
- Fall Sensory Bin – Happy Hooligans
- Fall Paint Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
16 Simple Fall Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Fall Sort and Paint – Busy Toddler
- Pounding Pumpkins Alphabet Activity – Fun Learning for Kids
- Fall Leaves Quiet Book – Teach Me Mommy
- Autumn Science: Comparing Squash with Mrs. McNosh – Teach Beside Me
- Fall Leaf Shadow Matching – Tot Schooling
- Apple Dot to Dot – Days with Grey
- Fall Leaves Alphabet Activity – Fun Learning for Kids
- Fall Ice Tower Excavation – Crafts on the Sea
- Apple Bobbing Activity – Sunny Day Family
- Apple Dot Stickers – Busy Toddler
- Fine Motor Corn Craft – Keep Toddlers Busy
- Rolling Pumpkins Activity – Sunny Day Family
- Geoboard Gourds – Parenting Chaos
- I Can’t Wait for Pumpkin Pie Finger Play – Preschool Powol Packets
- Easy Fall Tree Activity – Powerful Mothering
- Sticky Fall Tree – Toddler Approved
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! These activities were specifically picked to work well with kids between 2-4 years old. Many of them also work for kids much older.
Toddlers are forming background knowledge on life and the world. Think of setting a base for what fall is and how it looks and feels where you live.
These fall activities may be called “toddler” activities, but that’s just a name. Many of these activities are ones my 10 year old still enjoys playing with.