Check out this simple summer activity list for toddlers!
Even with these amazing summer days, it’s still easy to get stuck on what to do each day with your toddler. I know. I live it day in and day out. Have no fear – I have the perfect summer activity list for toddlers (and a free printable too).
Think of this as a summer bucket list, so to speak. I wracked my brain – and my friends’ brains too – to come up with 30 simple ideas for my kids and put them on a summer activity list for toddlers to share with you.
Print it and keep it
Stick this activity list on your fridge and when you find yourself stuck – have a peak and see what I’m (most likely) also doing. The link to the printable list is at the bottom of this post.
These aren’t earth shattering ideas or anything rocket science like, but we all know that sometimes, even the simplest ideas escape us when we are faced with the dreaded “what are we going to do today?” question.
Some of the activity ideas in this list are linked to corresponding blog posts – definitely click thru for more direction.
30 easy, cheap, and simple ideas to entertain toddlers this summer
Summer activity #1: Making ice cream
- Make ice cream in a sandwich bag
- Fly a kite (even if it’s just a plastic bag kite)
- Take a Popsicle bath
- Visit a farm
- Make butter in a jar
- Play in a kiddie pool with something other than water (Jell-o, corn meal, flour, rice)
- Build a water pouring station
- Read books outside
- Paint outside (sticks, rocks, paper on a fence…)
- Make a mud pit
- Plant something
- Go berry picking
- Run through the sprinklers
- Go on a nature walk
- Visit a fire station
- Make puppets and put on a show
- Build a fairy garden
- Visit a new park
- Make your own slip and slide
Summer activity idea #7: Build a water pouring station
- Make s’mores (microwave s’mores count)
- Roll down a hill
- Play “Simon Says”
- Visit a construction site & watch the action
- Paint with colored pudding
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Build a fort (bonus for building it outside)
- Experiment with baking soda and vinegar
- Make & play with colored ice cubes
- Go on a picnic (even if it’s just in your backyard)
- Bake cookies in your pajamas