Need some Halloween books for toddlers? Here’s an awesome list.
One of my favorite things is owning book collections specific to each season / holiday. Think toy rotation but for books. These special mini collections are a great way to introduce a holiday to toddlers and begin building their background knowledge and understanding of the traditions.
I love getting my seasonal books out and ready, and my Halloween collection is one of my favorites. I love finding silly, sweet, but not really spooky stories for my toddlers to enjoy. Many of the titles on my list are ones I had even in my elementary classroom so I know these books have longevity and staying power (aka they were worth buying).
Perfect Halloween Books for Toddlers
Here’s my list of 16 Halloween favorites that have been great for my toddlers as they learn more about this fun holiday season. Hopefully your family will enjoy some of the titles that my family loves year after year.
This list contains affiliate links. Read more about affiliate links in my Disclosure Policy.
1. The Hallo-Wiener by Dav Pilkey
2. Happy Halloween, Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
3. Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
4. The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin by Joe Troiano
5. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
6. Ten Little Mummies by Philip Yates
7. Mouse’s First Halloween by Lauren Thompson
8. Ten Timid Ghosts by Jennifer O’Connell
9. The Night Before Halloween by Natasha Wing
10. There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Bat! by Lucille Colandro
11. The Spooky Smells of Halloween by Mary Man-Kong
12. Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino
13. Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
14. Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
15. Even Monsters Need Haircuts by Matthew McElligot
16. The Haunted Ghoul Bus by Lisa Trumbauer
What are your favorite Halloween books?
What should I add to our list?