Need a little ABC fun? Check out these awesome alphabet activities for toddlers.
Finding fun ways to slip some ABC learning into everyday activities is one of my favorite ways to play. Adding letters into play time makes for an easy way to sneak a little learning into my toddler’s life.
All children learn the alphabet and to read at different paces.
It’s childhood, not a race to the top. There is no expectation that a toddler or preschooler should know any of their letters.
So instead of drilling the ABCs into them, expose kids to letters, make letters a part of everyday life, and allow it come by your child naturally. This ABC post is full of hands on ways to introduce the alphabet to your child.
Looking for even more ABC ideas? Check out the ebook I collaborated on with 40+ alphabet and math activities: “ABCs and 123s”.
I’ve compiled a list of 50+ fantastic hands on alphabet activities for toddlers.
These activities are perfect and tailor made for the toddler – preschool crowd. To help you find what you are looking for, I’ve separated the list into 3 categories: sensory-based alphabet activities, easy indoor abc ideas, and outdoor letter play.
Get ready to click through to some amazing blogs.
15+ Sensory-Based Alphabet Activities for Toddlers
- Floating Letters – Busy Toddler
- Alphabet Construction Zone – Munchkins and Moms
- Letter Hunt – Busy Toddler
- Alphabet Discovery Bottle – Sugar Aunts
- Sensory ABC Activity – Powerful Mothering
- ABC Jell-O – Busy Toddler
- Rainbow Rice Alphabet Puzzle Activity and Sensory Play for Kids – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Alphabet Sensory Bin – Stay at Home Educator
- Alphabet Sensory Ice Play – Something 2 Offer
- Magnetic Alphabet Sensory Bin – Busy Toddler
- DIY Learning Alphabet Sensory Bottle – The Jenny Revolution
- Letter Sounds Activity and Sensory Play – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Letter Hunt Alphabet Sensory Bag – My Mundane and Miraculous Life
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet Play – Natural Beach Living
- Water Bead Sensory Bin – Play dough to Popsicles
- Alphabet Sift – Busy Toddler
20+ Easy Indoor Alphabet Activities for Toddlers
- Alphabet Post-It Wall – Busy Toddler
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Small World – Buggy and Buddy
- Alphabet Cookie Match Game – Busy Toddler
- Alphabet Connect Activity – Munchkins and Moms
- Alphabet Cave – Preschool Learning Cave – Cutting Tiny Bites
- ABC Sort – Busy Toddler
- Geoboard Alphabet Matching – Munchkins and Moms
- ABC Match – Busy Toddler
- Alphabet Letters: Alphabet Act – The Natural Homeschool
- Secret Letters – Busy Toddler
- DIY Tactile Alphabet Cards – Playground Parkbench
- Magnetic Letters Connect the Dots – School Time Snippets
- Under the Sea Bubble ABC Matching Sticker Activity – Play Dough & Popsicles
- Alphabet Basketball – School Time Snippets
- Alphabet Car Wash – Learning 2 Walk
- Alphabet Flower Garden Activity – Buggy and Buddy
- Alphabet Fish Matching Game – Stir the Wonder
- Bear Counters Name Recognition – Munchkins and Moms
- Name Practice Activity Using Toy Cars – Buggy and Buddy
- Magnetic Letter Matching – Simple Fun for Kids
12 Outdoor Alphabet Activities for Toddlers
- Parachute Man Alphabet Activity – Munchkins and Moms
- ABC Sidewalk Chalk Game – Buggy and Buddy
- Garden ABC Letter Hunt – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Alphabet Activities: Grab and Pull a Letter Load – Growing Book by Book
- Homemade Alphabet Stones – Something 2 Offer
- Letter Matching Roads – The Educators’ Spin On It
- Alphabet Scooping Game – Busy Toddler
- Alphabet Scavenger Hunt – And Next Comes L
- Water Spray Alphabet Hunt – Mom Inspired Life
- Stamping with Alphabet Sponges – And Next Comes L
- Alphabet Learning with Chalk & Rocks – And Next Comes L
- Summer Alphabet Relay Obstacle Course for Preschoolers – Mom Inspired Life
What’s your favorite alphabet activity?